Search This Blog

 

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Holy moly - it's been a while since I've been on here!  It's been a crazy few months...and it doesn't look like things are going to slow down any time soon...but such is life!

I have had a few minutes lately to catch up on some of my blog reading.  I've just added some of the blogs that I follow on the side bar.  Recently, it seems, I've been adding more health & fitness blogs :) but I'll stick to education here.

So, what have I been finding?

PINTEREST!!  More & more teachers are joining and there are some great boards and pinners to follow.  My favorite is Megan (Luv2teach).  She has close to 40 different boards just about education.  Many of her pins are geared toward the primary grades, but there are plenty that would work in any classroom!

A new blog I've started following...and loving...is www.freetech4teachers.com.  Richard Byrne is the author and posts multiple times a day.  Many of his posts are applicable to the elementary level...some are not.  Today he posted this great video about creativity...and the fact that you have to STRUGGLE before you can be creative.  Of course my brain went straight to the whole issue of problem solving and how kids have to STRUGGLE in order to be better problem solvers...the two go hand in hand.  Anyhow...here's a link to that post!

Finally, through a blog (I don't even know how I got to this one...sorry...I wish I could give credit) I found out about Adora Svitak...she's a child prodigy in the area of writing.  And she's not a bad speaker either.  Anyhow, this blog post is a great one that uses Adora's story as inspiration for ways that we can better teach students to write.  Trust me when I say that you'll enjoy her TED Talk, if nothing else.

Hopefully I'll post more frequently again.  I've found some great math resources lately...about our favorite subject of FRACTIONS!  I'll post them soon!

Kristen

0 comments:

Post a Comment